Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Insomnia





Insomnia 


Sunrise and I have become close friends
As have 2 am and 5,
The silence of the night transforms grimly into static
That cradles me in its arms
The darkness is no longer a stranger.
I understand why the stars sometimes hide behind clouds, 
And why the shadows dance around the empty house 
They begin to understand me
My incurable insomnia.
Formed from a simple worry
That soon manifested itself inside my body, 
Consuming me,
Until night felt safer than day
I'm not afraid of the dark,
Perhaps that's part of the problem. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how I was able to picture the scenes in my head, so as the shadows dancing and the stars hiding.

Anonymous said...

I could easily relate and picture everything. I'm the same, I pretty sure I have insomnia. I'm never asleep before 1:00 am and never awake after 6:00am. My sleep time average is 4.5 hours.

8th grade a time of turmoil with all of the drama good and bad we take off to high school we were the top dogs of campus no we are back down...