Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Poem


"I love you."

The words dripped out of her mouth like honey,
But it wasn't honey.
It was dirt.
Maggots and roaches spilling out,
Turning black.
The parasites crawl up your body and into your skin.
It infects you with false happiness,
That can only be identified by those who look.
But no one is looking,
Everyone's eyes have been sewn shut.
Love becomes a chore,
Then an expectation,
Then an infectious disease.
But before then it was a lie.
Believed by one,
Told by the other.
Thus everything in your fragile world is engulfed,
It's like quicksand.

But you didn't sink slowly,
You sank all at once.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy this outlook love. It is very different then what we normally hear when people talk about love. It gives you something to think about.

Anonymous said...

I really love the line 'maggots and roaches spilling out,'. It reminds me of the time that I actually saw a beetle maggot. It was crazy: it had one long, michalen-man-like abdomen with beady, black eyes on a small black head. Great poetry all around!

Anonymous said...

I love this poem, it is extremely chilling, after each line you're excited for the next. I wonder if this poem is based on real life experiences or just a knowledge of love.

Anonymous said...

Kind of disturbing with maggots and roaches. Don't know what this poem is about but I like it.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm just in awe of this. And I see this as a metaphorical poem for a relationship and love. What made you write this poem and what were the feelings behind it?

Anonymous said...

I don't even know where to start! This is so good. You have used such amazing vocabulary. I think that the parasite part was conveyed very well. How did you come up with this idea?

Anonymous said...

That is a amazing story, good job. I loved the way you changed in from honey to dirt. I loved the way you described love in the end. You did a great job.

8th grade a time of turmoil with all of the drama good and bad we take off to high school we were the top dogs of campus no we are back down...