Tuesday, November 15, 2016

About Life

Once, Once there ‘Was’
There still is, just not as there was
Not like back then
Then
Then, the time of no worries
The time of simple pleasure
The time of make believe
And no digital observation
Now, however, it is different.
Now it is full of media
Media the size of corpses
Full of farce depictions of life
By 12-year-olds in all black
With little or no knowledge of life at all
Looking in hindsight,
We see that none of our depictions mattered
They were just clouded opinions
Made by social constructs

One may think that I wish
To be back in the ‘Was’
They would be wrong
I make do
I keep living in the now
To forge an opinion of my own
To meet people and foster their trust
And to not think too much
About the ‘Then’
So one day, when my body gets tired and old
I can rest knowing I have made friends
And I have learned something
About life

Niff Snave


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This poem makes me think, was it better before? It's so deep and thoughtful, yet it is just telling things how they are. The words all flow flawlessly.

Ms. Spengler said...


"Media the size of corpses" is one of the best figurative language phrases I've read. The ending is perfect. I also noticed that you are like the third person to mention "social constructs" in a blog post. Where are you guys getting these deep thoughts?! :) And what are some things that you all consider to be "social constructs"? (anyone can answer here....)

8th grade a time of turmoil with all of the drama good and bad we take off to high school we were the top dogs of campus no we are back down...