Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Trees have feelings

It began one warm almost summer day. The wind carried the smell of redolent pine as it flew through the tree limbs. Little did I know that I was close to the end that one daunting day.


It began with the voices of little kids, this wasn't abnormal there was always hikers. As the voices grew louder, I felt more and more apprehensive until the voices stopped. I was beyond confused, so I looked around and saw nothing, then looked down only to see the horror they had decided to climb me! As the kids carelessly stomped and hung from my limbs. All I felt was pain as my limbs bent under their weight. I couldn't bare it any longer and as the first loud snap rang through me, I looked to see the horror of sap covering their hands as they laughed and their faces concealed evil joy. As more of my limbs broke, they slammed into the ground as I felt immense pain. And when I thought to myself, “It can't get any worse”, it did.

The kids reached the top! I only heard the adults yelling for their kids to get down. They obeyed their parents and my only thought was, "It was finally over." I couldn't have been more wrong in my life; all I heard was "kids back up" then thwack. I was being attacked with an ax the man was chopping at my legs!
Many adult trees tell their young "that if they misbehave the frightening man will chop them down and they'll never be heard from again". As I fell to the ground, the intense pain was too much to handle. I was then tied down to a car and only could think of the terrible things to come. We then sped up away from the forest further and further. We stopped! Why? What is going to happen? I was then brought into a warm inviting home.

They set me up in the corner of the room and the kids yelled "Can we decorate it?" The adults had replied, “yes”. I had no Idea of what was to come: they had boxes of sharp hooks attached to spherical shapes. They hung them from me! So many spheres, so much weight. It was too much! Later that night when I thought only the torture was to come then they had put boxes under me. Why? Were they traps so if I tried to escape? Three days later my torture was over. The spheres went back into the box. And the kids joyous and intense days slowly dwindled. I then was brought outside only to see the frightening ax once more. The man had chopped me into small bits only to leave me outside in the cold for days.

All my bits were then brought inside and were set in a metal box. The man walked away to grab a stick with a red end. He rubbed it on a small box then the bright light it was so pretty. As I was being distracted the kids had placed newspaper below me. The man had placed the bright light below me. The intensity of the heat was awful! I was soon burning! I felt the pain as my skin burned away and fell in burning heaps of ash. The immense pain as they all sat around me to watch me burn while joyous evil covered their faces. Dark, so dark. It was the end.

No comments:

8th grade a time of turmoil with all of the drama good and bad we take off to high school we were the top dogs of campus no we are back down...