Thursday, October 13, 2016

In All Hindsight ...

Here I am, in all the chaos. Under the rubble of the crushed house, and through all the screaming, two things stood out: one, the fine air. Crisp, yet subtle, with a slight tinge that cut right through you. The good kind. Surprisingly, I could still feel the air through all the dust and pieces of concrete. And the second thing: her.

To me, she had always been my hope of the apocalypse. The beam of light in a cloud of darkness, and now, she was gone. I already had no reason to live, but this, this pushed me off the edge. Not to die, no, but to fight.

But in all Hindsight, I should have jumped in front of the bullet. The fact that I didn't jump will scar me forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing. I can see it in my mind. I really like how you do not say a whole lot, but then you know what is going on. You could definitely write a book on that. I wonder how you got this idea?

Ms. Spengler said...

I second what Russell said: you said a whole lot by saying very little. It's a perfect "Little Story". I really love little stories. Was this one of the quickwrites that we did to the music? It just feels like it might be...

8th grade a time of turmoil with all of the drama good and bad we take off to high school we were the top dogs of campus no we are back down...