Thursday, February 2, 2017

Final Moments

I know I'm going to die. Yes, everyone has their day of reckoning however, my death is grueling,  and I'll be aware the entire time. Why do I keep trudging down the bald capped mountain? Habit I suppose. The blizzard throws me to my side. Laying in an embankment of snow, the frigid cold ripping into the last untouched reaches of my body. If I had the energy to scream maybe that snow cat would save me. Alas, all that comes out is weak breath torn into the piercing winds. Snow has already started to build up on me now, as if it knows I'm going to die and has started my burial early. Death now becomes a wish, life my enemy as it holds me into this pain as death works to set me free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing vocabulary choices those words only further how intelligent this story sounds. I mainly enjoyed the scentence "Death now becomes a wish, life my enemy"

8th grade a time of turmoil with all of the drama good and bad we take off to high school we were the top dogs of campus no we are back down...