Thursday, February 2, 2017

Key

I was about to grab the one thing I needed when footsteps could be heard clicking down the dim  hallway. I acted quickly and lifted myself into a roof window, pushing my limbs against the window pane. The footsteps stopped right under me and I looked down to see a woman that looked in her twenties, dressed in a striped sweater, black skinny jeans, and a lab coat that ended at her mid calf.

I stayed silent and keep an eye on the lady making sure I wasn't noticed. Once she was done looking around she opened a metal door and clicked it shut. I stayed there even though my limbs were burning in pain, and made sure she wasn't coming back. Once I was sure she wasn't coming back I jumped down and landed silently on the white tiles of the small room. I reached my hand towards the key and snatched it with my black gloved hand. I stuffed it into my pants pocket and ran up the wall grabbing onto the vent where I came in. Hauled myself up into the vent making sure to make as little of noise as possible.
Once I was in I closed the vent again and crawled through the metal maze. I looked down to see where I was and it looked like I was on top of a room with someone in it but it looked like a prison or jail cell. I looked at the person closer and gasped but put a hand over my mouth before an noise could come out. I made sure it was her before I whispered to her.

"Hey Jess, JJ, up here"

She looked up and smiled brightly then told me what happened in a paragraph, and asked what I was doing, I showed her the key and she looked at me with surprise. I didn't say anymore, I took the vent cover off the vent and held my hand out. She grabbed it and I pulled her up. Once she was up she crawled the ways I told her to and we soon made it out of that laboratory of a building. We jumped out into an ally and sprinted towards my apartment.
Police sirens could be heard in the distance as we ran. Jumping onto roofs and in ally ways, soon making our way back to my apartment. We soon made it there and I pulled the key out again it only took a sentence to make Jessica smile a wide smile.

"So when do we finish the job?, now that you're back"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the description and suspense. When you were talking about how the characters arms got sore I could really feel it. Will there be a 2nd part to it? With the cliff hanger at the end I would definitely read the sequel.

8th grade a time of turmoil with all of the drama good and bad we take off to high school we were the top dogs of campus no we are back down...