Friday, February 17, 2017

Her

Everyday I kiss her on the forehead and tell her it'll be okay. Everyday I see the pain in those china blue eyes. Everyday I hug her before she steps on the bus. Everyday except for today. Today is the day I left before sunrise. Today is the day she'll be on her own. Today is the day she'll be pained as ever. Today is the day they come home.
They'll act like it's normal. They'll act as they care. They'll say they'll stay always. By morning they won't be there. The day they leave, is the day I come home. The day they leave without a word, is the day she'll no longer be alone.
Let that day come. Let it be now. Let it come before it sets in and before she asks how. How could they do this? How could they leave? She'll be sitting on the stairs with a tear stained sleeve.
I'll take her in my arms and carry her in. She'll be limp and frail, then my job begins. I'll hug her and smile and let her see. They'll never love her as much as me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the poetic feel, it's like a poem in a story.

8th grade a time of turmoil with all of the drama good and bad we take off to high school we were the top dogs of campus no we are back down...