Thursday, May 18, 2017

Graveyard Without Graves

As I sit on this small mound like hill thing, I remember my time before Colorado. Us three would play in a graveyard set up on a hill. A graveyard with no graves, no tombstones. but still beneath us lie dead bodies of cowboys from the past. We always talked about digging them up but yet we never did. We played in the forest by the graveyard, where we would become forest creatures and live in the trees. We would collect berries and fruits to bake into pies. And sell them at the market held at the benches in the graveyard. Sometimes other creatures would come to visit. Sometimes a man with a gun would chase us down through the forest. In the end though, he became our friend. Then night would fall and we would climb on the memorial of stone and hold meetings for the forest. Fireflies would come out and we would catch them only to let them go. Then we would hear our parents calling, and you would drive home while my brother and I would head inside.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the story and imagery this has. It seems so pure but mischievous.

Anonymous said...

I read this once, it definitely sets a mood of happy memories and when times were less complicated.

Anonymous said...

Thew way you described the setting was amazing!I like how you added small details like the fireflies or your parents calling you! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

This is so happy I love how it makes me feel inside.

8th grade a time of turmoil with all of the drama good and bad we take off to high school we were the top dogs of campus no we are back down...