Thursday, May 18, 2017

Hidden Mask


You see him laughing, 
you see him smiling, 
you see him happy.
But he wears a hidden mask.
You see him laughing with others,
but they're not his friends.
You see him fit in,
but he fits out.
You see that he's comfortable,
but he's not...
Because he wears a hidden mask.
He wears a hidden mask to blend in with the others,
to feel the same,
to look the same,
to be the same.
but he's not the same...
He's different...
And he doesn't like the feeling.
He hates being different.
And he was done being different...
So he wears the hidden mask...
He hides his true-self,
he denies being different,
he refuses to be different...




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has so much meaning to it. Easily relatable.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was deep. Great job

Anonymous said...

Nice job on your story! I think he feels very bad about himself. But over all it was a great story! Keep writing!🙃

Anonymous said...

This is such a stunning piece of writing. It's artistic, emotional, and absolutely beautiful. Thank you for writing this and making me tear up. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

This was so deep! I love how you correlated every few lines with the same feeling. For sure one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

I like how you used repetition in this poem to emphasize the more important parts! This is a very deep and relatable story. Great work!

Anonymous said...

This can be interpreted in many different ways, who was "he", how was "he different"?

Anonymous said...

I really like the mood. I wish could set a tone like this.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the repetition you used. It can be hard to be different and embracing it is always easier said than done. I also liked the font and text size.

Anonymous said...

Is it bad this reminds me of The Pantom of the Opera?

Anonymous said...

I love this because it pretty much describes a lot of people who think fitting in is the most important thing in the world.

Anonymous said...

good poem keep it up

Anonymous said...

this has a lot of emotion in it, and I'm very surprise, great writing!.

Anonymous said...

HOLLY SMOKES, this is so deep and insightful. Its very thought provoking.

8th grade a time of turmoil with all of the drama good and bad we take off to high school we were the top dogs of campus no we are back down...