Monday, May 15, 2017

Sappy Poems for The Faint of Heart

As I lay there with my head on her chest
I hear the thump of a heartbeat,
A fast beating to match my own
And maybe I am engulfed in a cloud of naivety
But I can't help but feel she likes me too
But love is painfully sharp.
It cuts through skin and bone
  A pain that is strangely familiar
Maybe this time things will work out.
Maybe this time my heart won't beat so loud.
I have enveloped myself in a womb of skin and bone
Trying to keep the cold away.
And she is bright
A sea of happiness
And I am an island
So close but not yet touching
How could someone like her
Ever like someone like me?
She lights up the castles with the glow of a thousand candles
And I know all to well that a flame can burn if you get too close.
So the question is
Is it okay to catch fire? 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOAH!!!! I can't even tell you how great this is. I love the last line specifically. It really leaves me thinking.

Anonymous said...

I like how you ended with that question, it kinda shows the determination with this relationship. Quite lovely dear.

Anonymous said...

Great job! Wow i really love this. I love the oddness of this. I like that it is different and still within the poem spectrum. It sort of lets the reader approach a the poem with their own definition. Gives it its own twist. I like that it brings out the loneliness of love and relationships. I think that honestly, you don't need to add anything. It's [erfect the way that it is. Once again, great job! Hope to see more.

Anonymous said...

I love that you ended in a question. You left me in a question.

Anonymous said...

This is a poem that I cannot relate to, as I have no real experience in this thing, but the poem is very sappy indeed and I absolutely loved it.

Anonymous said...

HoLy COw! This is incredibly beautiful. Cudos to you. I could read this over and over and never get sick of it.

Anonymous said...

Dang! I can relate! I love the style you wrote this in, it really resonates in the heart and the mind, and not many people can do that. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I absolutely adore this! Keep up the fabulous work!

8th grade a time of turmoil with all of the drama good and bad we take off to high school we were the top dogs of campus no we are back down...